Sunday, January 13, 2008

Lazy Sunday

I went to Barnes and Noble today and bought The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao, by Junot Diaz. New York Magazine ranked it as one of the best novels of the year, so we'll see. I am excited about reading it. I also bought Dave Egger's The Best American Non-required Reading of 2007, which is usually an insightful collection of great short fiction from the year. I just noticed that Sufjan Stevens wrote the introduction, and I'm a big fan of his aggressively imaginative music, so I have high hopes for his writing as well.

Now I'm watching Alabama basketball on TV while checking email and catching up on the blog. Alabama and Florida are tied, by the way.

Laundry and cleaning are next on the list of Sunday chores. I hope your lazy Sunday is going as well as mine is.

No comments: