Monday, January 14, 2008

Congratulations, Professor Althouse.

Professor Althouse's blog is four years old today. Prof. Althouse is a visiting professor at the Brooklyn Law School in NYC, but she usually teaches at the University of Wisconsin Law School in Madison, Wisconsin.

She's a veteran in the blogging world, and my somewhat-unwitting mentor. Her blog was the first one I read and it's probably equal to Paco's blog in its influence on my writing. Prof. Althouse approaches politics and current events in a way that is utterly practical and interesting to me. She blogs about what catches her eye that day, and she (thankfully) doesn't comment on things that either don't interest her or about which she doesn't have anything significant to add. It's a rather un-narcissistic approach to blogging, which is kind of unusual and refreshing.

I hope my writing will resemble her precise and practical approach one day.

No comments: