Sunday, October 22, 2006

Poor Madonna.

What a PR debacle this adoption has been for Madonna. First she's accused of pulling strings to get around adoption laws, and now the father of the boy (who was living in an orphanage) says that he didn't understand the process. The father is illiterate and apparently didn't understand the court papers he signed.

"I was never told that adoption means that David will no longer be my son... If I was told this, I would not have allowed the adoption. I want more clarification on the adoption. I would prefer that David goes back to the orphanage where I can see him any time I want, rather than send him away for good."

One would think that Madonna's entourage would have taken care of these details like, say, getting the father's consent before adopting a child. Or maybe adopting an actual orphan.

No comments: