Sunday, October 29, 2006

Ahoy maties!

Did you dress up for Halloween this weekend? I'm wondering when I'll be too old to dress up. Probably when my friends stop throwing Halloween parties, which I hope will be never.

I have a firmly-held belief that Halloween costumes should not be sexual. Scary and funny are fair game, but not sexual. Yes, I am staunchly anti-sexy (slutty) Halloween costumes. Because of that, I steer clear of costume stores and usually put one together from the thrift store dollar-bin. Last night I was a pirate, and laughed a hearty pirate laugh at the shivering girls dressed as sexy nurses. Sorry to break it to you, but blue skin and icy hands are not sexy. Hey, those girls were accidentally scary! Maybe their costumes did succeed after all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for this post. I do not feel so alone in my opinions anymore.