Wednesday, March 05, 2008

President Bush Gossip

President Bush gave a speech yesterday in Washington, DC for political appointees, and I have a source who was there. As far as I know, there weren't TV cameras there and press coverage was minimal. Apparently the Pres. really let loose and had some super goofy moments. Heck, why not? He doesn't have to run for anything ever again. Here are some approximate quotes from the talk. (Imagine these in a deep Texas accent.)

In response to a question about interesting experiences while living in the White House: "You know, when I stopped drinking, I stopped seeing ghosts!"

"We hang influential Presidents on the wall in the Oval Office and I've got Lincoln up there. I mean, I hang 41 in my heart, but Lincoln's on the wall."

"That's the great thing about America, you can worship however you want. Whether your Jew, Christian, Muslim, Hindi....Vegan, whatever!"

On what he'll do after his term ends: "I'll probably make some speeches, if they're paying, of course. I've got bills to pay!"

"My buddy Clay [Johnson] came into the Oval Office and said, 'I can't believe we're here, and what's more, I really can't believe you're here." - W's Yale University roommate.

No comments: