Friday, November 10, 2006

An accurate interpretation of the election results?

I've read about a hundred different interpretations of the election results, but this one strikes me as most accurate:

"The GOP strategy of the past several elections - of mobilizing its most committed voters at the expense of appealing to swing voters in the middle - is fading fast." (CS Monitor.)


When I said that this is the most accurate, I mean that this account matches my experience. The people I know at college who usually vote straight Republican voted for a mix of Republicans and Democrats this time, because they weren't happy with what the Republican party was doing. Isn't this the most rational way to vote: look at the issues, look at the recent past and vote for who you think will work in the direction of your goals?

No comments: