Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Exam Strategy

The lack of posts in the past couple of days was due to my Business Organizations exam on Monday morning. I pulled two all nighters in a row for it, which I've never done before. I was loopy with exhaustion by the time it was over. Since then I've been recovering by sleeping copious amounts and generally being lazy.

I tried a new strategy with this exam. While I was making my outline of the class, I wrote paragraphs on all the issues that could possibly be on the test. It took forever, but I think it saved me time on the actual exam. I didn't have to think about how to accurately describe the relevant law; I just spotted the issues in the fact pattern, rewrote the appropriate paragraph, and then applied it to the facts. It also helped with citations to the statutes and cases, because they were already written in my paragraphs. We'll see how well the strategy actually worked when grades come out.

To other law students out there: Have you ever tried this? How did it work out? Alternatively, what's your general exam strategy?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm actually shocked that you made it through your first year law school without pulling back-to-back all nighters, especially during exam time. I did that more times than I would like to remember, granted I was really pushing hard to make law review and get a solid big law internship, but still, that is pretty much a rite of initation of law school.