Saturday, October 25, 2008

The Best American Facebook Groups

I'm a fan of The Best American Non-Required Reading series, edited by Dave Eggers. I just picked up 2008's copy:













The books always start out with funny lists, like "Best 2007 American Opening Lines" from novels, or "Best American New York Times Headlines." This year they have a list of "Best American Facebook Groups."

Guess what group is in it? YES! "I judge you when you use poor grammar" made the list! Other funny group names:
  • If This Group Reaches 150,000 Members, I Will Name My Son Batman
  • Gay Marriage Killed the Dinosaurs
  • I'm Saving Myself for Wild, Passionate, Awkward Honeymoon Sex
  • It Wasn't Awkward Until You Said "Well, This is Awkward." Now It's Awkward.
  • My Mom Makes Me Clean Up for My Cleaning Lady
  • Carol Never Wore Her Safety Goggles. Now She Doesn't Need Them.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some people have too much time on their hands.
I'm sure I'm a member of many groups that are utterly weird and pointless and yet I felt compelled to join them.

Anonymous said...

This is a great article... and I couldn't agree more with the author.

http://www.yaledailynews.com/articles/view/23913

Anonymous said...

I think this Facebook group has managed to transform poor grammar from an annoyance to an amusement for 300,000+ people. I view that as reverse progress.

Sharon said...

Amen, Anonymous Number 2. Hurray.

H.H. said...

Sharon, did you notice that Gabe wrote that article that referenced your grammar group?!

Anonymous said...

This is a beautiful site for Christians round the world. The language is so simple and easy to understand. Feel proud to b a Christian.

www.christianreunion.net

Anonymous said...

Its just a simple solution www.huapzau.blogspot.com

hermes birkin said...

Thanks for the great post.

Unknown said...

earn money $50 every hours just register and get money I made over $300 a day do not hesitate visit here http://home-source-for-income.weebly.com/

Anonymous said...

Want Android Games for free?? visit www.apkwave.com