Monday, July 21, 2008

All is Well

This anonymous comment came after my last post:
It's nice to see you posting regularly again after a long break. I was worried something had happened to you.
While I really like writing and posting on the blog, sometimes it feels like a lot of pressure to be creative. It's difficult to be creative on a schedule. I wouldn't exactly call it writer's block, because it's not that I run out of things to write about. I think I take breaks for other reasons. When I post 4 times a day for a long period, people start expecting 4 posts a day no matter what, and the pressure gets to me. I start writing draft posts and second-guessing myself, thinking "This is too boring to post."

So while I fully intend to keep this blog going, don't be too surprised if I take a break once in a while. Also, if you have a comment that you don't want to post on the blog, feel free to email me. My address is under my Blogger profile.

No comments: